The Biggleswade History Society has the primary objective of promoting the advancement of public education through the study of local history in Biggleswade. The objective is achieved by:
- Holding monthly meetings and outings
- Distribution of a monthly newsletter
- Holding and supporting exhibitions
- Representation at County meetings
- Publication of historical booklets
- Supporting conservation and preservation
- Local and family history research
- Registering our interests in conservation, heritage and history through review of planning applications, to Central Bedfordshire Council
Welcome to our new website, packed full of information about the history of Biggleswade.
The improved and more modern layout should make it easier to navigate and adapts for viewing on mobile and handheld devices so that it can be easily browsed wherever you are.
Please take a look around and if you have any suggestions on how it can be improved further, just drop us an email and let us know.
Sandra Ransom – Chairman
Membership is open to all who are interested in furthering this objective.
Please contact our Chairman, Sandra Ransom, 01462 813724 for details and enquiries about the Society.
- Date for Your Diary – Wednesday, 14 December for the Christmas Party at the Conservative Club, Members only.
- The first meeting of 2017 will take place on 9 January, when Peter Ibbett will give a talk on “Potton’s Infamous Inhabitants of the Past”.